Barbed Horizon


What could be more cruel than seeing a lion, the king of the jungle, trapped , acquiesced into submission with sedatives,forced behind a small cage; its freedom curbed and lashed into surrender by the inherent treachery of human being?

It is the cruelty of those standing outside the cage, watching this degradation of a royalty, turning it into an entertainment at the zoo, which bothers me more...

The abasement of man. The laughter, the tease. The safety of being cruel, while standing outside the cage.

Comments

Elisabeth said…
This is such a sad image, Nazia.

In Melbourne, they have tried to improve our zoos by allocating more space and better conditions to the caged animals, but still, it is imprisonment, and I can't think of much worse.
Nazia Mallick said…
Elisabeth-There is a Japanese proverb; which is my favorite:

I will give up my life for my love- And I will give up my love for my freedom-

Freedom is the birth right of every living thing-Human or Animal-
I have always been against Zoo-
However;its my personal view

Popular posts from this blog

The Woman Within

Making Stories

Kindled